Request for Community Assistance R2
Through the BALADI Program, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Lebanon is encouraging Faith-Based Organizations to submit well-designed community projects for possible funding from USAID BALADI program. These applications will be subject to the program’s technical criteria and fund availability.
At a time where Lebanon is undergoing immense pressure on the social and economic level, the 2nd round of the Request for Community Assistance (RFCA) 2021 will provide an opportunity for NGOs to provide direct and highly-needed services as per the needs and expectations of their communities.
Type of Award – In-Kind Assistance
All applicants should note that the award is based on in-kind assistance, whereby Caritas BALADI Team, in coordination with the awardees, will be leading all the procurement aspects of this grant including identification of the suppliers/consultants/trainers through a clear scope of work fairly open to all interested candidates; handling the procurement process will facilitate the process and ensure the compliance with USAID and Caritas Lebanon’s procurement policies in addition to ensuring the cost-efficiency. The trainer and consultant nominated or referred by the applicant will be given priority at equivalent performance.
All applicants who do not consider this a viable option, should not proceed with filling the application form.
Every Round will be composed of two phases
Phase 1 – Shortlisting of Top Applications
After submitting their application form and other required documents on Wednesday February 24, 2021, applicants will be notified via email of the status of their applications by Friday March 12, 2021 based on two criteria: Eligibility and administrative compliance.
To find out more about the shortlisting criteria, click here.
Phase 2 – Developing Full Proposals
In the second phase, the Caritas BALADI grants team will provide guidance and assist shortlisted applicants in developing, finalizing and submitting a full proposal that would include additional requirements such as a detailed budget, work-plan, operational sustainability plan, letters of commitment from partners, log-frames, etc. The BALADI team will in parallel be completing the needed due diligence and vetting of the applicants. The team will also seek input from USAID and other USAID-funded programs such as BALADI Cap and CSP, when needed. All proposal should be finalized by Friday April 2, 2021 and sent to USAID for approval.
- All RFCA information and the application package are available on the BALADI website www.baladi-lebanon.org.
- The application package includes: a) Application Form, b) Annex 1 – Selection Process and Evaluation Criteria, c) Annex II – Cost Application, and d) Annex III – Assurances and Certifications
- Any questions can be directed to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday February 17, 2021 (1 week after the webinar) at 3:00 PM Lebanon Local Time.
To check the frequently asked questions, click here.
Type of Eligible Projects
- Livelihood and Protection programs (income-generating activities – job creation – psychosocial support, and social services, among others.);
- Peace-building and conflict resolution activities.
- Social stability and social cohesion activities,
- Vocational training and capacity building programs;
- Provision of equipment and materials (Agriculture, vocational training, etc.…);
- Small-scale renovation and rehabilitation work etc. (no new installations allowed, only reparations and rehabilitation are considered eligible);
- Economic empowerment.
USAID BALADI Maximum In-KingContribution Per Project
$50,000 (including VAT)
- The applicant should be an NGO, preferably an FBO (Faith-Based Organization)
- The NGO should be registered – (علم وخبر) under an instrument governed by the internal law of Lebanon for at least 3 years
- The applicant is not a lead or partner in more than one RFCA application
The applicant is encouraged to partner with at least one local community group such as an NGO, CBO (Community-Based Organization), CSO (Civil Society Organization), private sector entity, diverse groups, municipality, union of municipalities, or economic groups and key community collaborators.
Applicant Partner Eligibility:
The applicant NGO’s partner should be:
- Established, registered and active in Lebanon (علم وخبر)
- Accredited under an instrument governed by the internal law of Lebanon for at least 12 months before the announcement of the RFCA.