Request for Community Assistance
Through the BALADI Program, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Lebanon is encouraging Faith-Based Organizations to submit well-designed community projects for possible funding from USAID BALADI program. These applications will be subject to the program’s technical criteria and fund availability.
At a time where Lebanon is undergoing immense pressure on the social and economic level, the two rounds of Request for Community Assistance (July 2020 – January 2021) will provide an opportunity for NGOs to provide direct and highly-needed services as per the needs and expectations of their communities.
Every Round will be composed of two phases
Phase 1 – Shortlisting of Top Applications
After submitting their application form and other required documents on Friday July 31, applicants will be notified via email of the status of their applications by Friday August 14 based on two criteria: Eligibility and administrative compliance.
To find out more about the shortlisting criteria, click here.
Phase 2 – Developing full proposals
In the second phase, the Caritas BALADI grants team will provide guidance and assist shortlisted applicants in developing, finalizing and submitting a full proposal that would include additional requirements such as a detailed budget, work-plan, operational sustainability plan, letters of commitment from partners, log-frames etc. The BALADI team will in parallel be completing the needed due diligence and vetting of the applicants. The team will also seek input from USAID and other USAID-funded programs such as BALADI Cap and CSP, when needed. All proposal should be finalized by August 28, 2020 and sent to USAID for approval.
- All RFCA information and the application package will be available on the BALADI website baladi-lebanon.org.
- The application package includes: a) Application Form, b) Annex 1 – Selection Process and Evaluation Criteria, c) Annex II – Cost Application, and d) Annex III – Certifications and Assurances
- Any questions can be directed to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday July 24, 2020 (1 week after the webinar) at 3:00 pm Lebanon Local Time.
To check the frequently asked questions, click here.
Type of Eligible Projects
- Social Services
- Educational Services
- Livelihood Programs
- Vocational Trainings
- Peace-Building and Conflict Resolution activities
- Social stability and social cohesion activities
- Provision of equipment and services
- Small scale renovation and rehabilitation works
USAID BALADI Maximum Contribution Per Project
$50,000 (including VAT)
- The applicant should be an NGO, preferably an FBO (Faith-Based Organization)
- The NGO should be registered – (علم وخبر) under an instrument governed by the internal law of Lebanon for at least 3 years
- The applicant is not a lead or partner in more than one RFCA application
- The applicant should partner with at least one local community group such as a NGO, CBO (Community-Based Organization), CSO (Civil Society Organization), private sector entity, diverse groups, municipality, union of municipalities, or economic groups and key community collaborators.
Applicant Partner Eligibility:
The applicant NGO’s partner should be:
- Established, registered and active in Lebanon (علم وخبر)
- Accredited under an instrument governed by the internal law of Lebanon for at least 12 months before the announcement of the RFCA.
Questions and Answers:
To check the asked questions and answers, click here.