The Civil Engineer will be technically supporting RMF/BALADI team to ensure the execution of Construction works for all USAID/Baladi Projects. He/she will also play an advisory role to BALADI’s stakeholders in ensuring sustainability of these initiatives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day project implementation and ensure effective and timely completion of the infrastructure interventions according to project specifications and standards.
- Supervise the implementation of the technical components of the project contracted.
- Ensure proper project implementation, full compliance with required standards and specifications.
- Conduct regular Site inspection to check if the works on site are moving as per drawing, as per material approved, as per method statement and as per quality control procedure.
- Generate, in coordination with the Project Manager and the Deputy Program Director, designs, illustrations, and Bills of Quantities (BOQ) for the required projects.
- Conduct field assessments and coordinate with different stakeholders to determine the scope of work, resource requirements, and estimated costs.
- Monitor work progress as per USAID/Baladi regulations and standards.
- Prepare weekly field plans/reports to be submitted to the Project Manager; Support in establishing and maintaining proper project documentation and records, including but not limited to:
- Needs assessments questionnaires, monitoring questionnaires, certificates of vouchers receipts, consolidated list of beneficiaries, photos etc.
- Identify equipment and material needs by developing a detailed bill of quantities (BOQ), and in co-operation with the local Procurement team assess what is available in the local market.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience in Site and Field Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience in performing inspections in the civil discipline on construction projects
- Qualified in language and writing skills and ability to produce high-quality professional reports, and technical summaries
- Qualified presentation skills and ability to communicate to large audiences.
- Qualified people skills with the ability to communicate effectively in person, verbally and in writing.
- Strong communication & leadership skills and the ability to organize and conduct meetings & workshops.
- Ability to work in the office and travel on-location.
- Mastery of computerized tools, specifically with Autocad, Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Deadline for application is on Friday, May 18, 2018.
To those interested, please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org.