The BALADI CAP program (Building Alliances for Local Advancement, Development and Investment – Capacity Building) offers technical assistance to selected civil society organizations (CSOs). BALADI CAP aims to enhance the CSOs’ ability to manage and implement grants. BALADI CAP will work to improve these CSO’s financial management capabilities, and also to improve their internal administrative systems.
Providing Technical Assistance
BALADI CAP will help the partner CSOs in the following areas:
- Improving the CSOs’ ability to operate more efficiently by putting good internal systems into place, such as standard policies and procedures, effective administrative systems, standard operative procedures, effective and efficient management practices;
- Building the financial management capabilities of CSOs in order to enhance the transparency of operations, predictability of cash flows, and the accuracy and timeliness of accounting and financial reporting;
- Helping the CSOs to understand how to monitor and evaluate their project by establishing clear goals and objectives, linking short-term projects to the long-term goals of the organization , and sharing monitoring and evaluation lessons with other CSOs;
- Creating a network of CSOs for members to cooperate on similar issues and share ideas, knowledge, and experiences;
- Tailoring support based on each organization’s individual need, and using this to providing training, individual coaching and mentoring to CSOs.