BALADI Plus program strives to provide a number of resources pertaining to the Lebanese municipal life. Through this section, our program aims at empowering Lebanese government officials to dig deeply into local government issues with a variety of hands-on municipal experiences.
BALADI Plus will endeavor to have these resources developed in a format that can be freely accessible for self-learning by any municipality.
Municipal Capacity Assessment Tool (MCAT):
This comprehensible tool is designed to help local authorities in Lebanon better recognize their institutional challenges through engaging municipal/union members and core staff in prioritizing and determining specific areas of intervention using a self-evaluation approach.
BALADI Plus team facilitated this tool with BALADI-selected municipalities throughout the month of October 2013. Based on concrete results and scores, tailored action plans had been developed to strengthen municipal capacities in development planning, management and administration, finance and procurement, stakeholders involvement in municipal work, etc.
Lebanese Transparency Association (LTA) – Good Governance and Transparency:
– Citizenship – Arabic
– Advocacy – Arabic
– Community Mobilization – Arabic
– Transparency and Community Outreach – Arabic
– Participatory Budgeting – Arabic
– Good Governance Practices (CSOs) – Arabic
– Good Municipal Governance (Municipalities) – Arabic
Also, LTA developed updated templates of Municipal Internal Regulations that are accessible by all Lebanese Municipalities for adjustment and adaptation within the legal framework. The series are as follows:
Knowledge and Development Company – Institute of Finance – Public Finance and Procurement:
– Archiving (Arabic) – Day 1 – Day 2 – Day 3 – Day 4
– Audit and Control (Arabic) – Day 1 – Day 2
– Budget Preparation and Tax Collection (Arabic) – Day 1 – Day 2 – Day 3 – Day 4
– Financial Documentation (Arabic) – Day 1 – Day 2 – Day 3
– Public Procurement (Arabic) – Day 1 – Day 2 – Day 3
Association for Forests, Development and Conversation (AFDC) – Contingency Planning:
– Early Recovery (Arabic) – Campaign on Cities Resilience – Damage Assessment– Flash Appeal– Recovery.
– Preparedness (Arabic) – Contingency planning – Disaster Risk in Lebanon – Early Warning – Information management in disasters and crises.
– Response (Arabic) – Relief and shelter – Role of field agencies – Army’s role in disaster and crisis management – Civil defense’s role in Disaster management – The role of the security forces.
Moreover, AFDC issued an Awareness Toolkit (Arabic) that includes guidelines and specific steps to encounter natural disasters.
MIRA-CLE – Website Designing:
– Website designing and Professional content writing – Arabic.
Aylo Engineering – Geographic Information System (GIS):